Thursday 17 August 2017

I am still away... but I am not ”off”, though!

Here is me in Japan some miles away trying some old and new foods and trends.

I have to say Sushi is tasty as always.
MUCH tastier than ones I make at the cafe. (well, I don't mean my sushi is not tasty, though!!!)

Noodles... there are so many choice.
Not only Ramen, there are so many kinds of noodles as well as methods of eating.
Udon, Soba, Somen, etc.etc.

It's been already one week since I landed.
Although I need to travel with my children, they are low-teen and pre-teen.
I need to compromise quite a bit as they have allergy and dislike.

However here is the first report I ate so far...

 
shaved ice with Matcha Green tea ... mochi and Adzuki bean paste 

Matcha American Scone and Hojicha Latte @Starbucks. Both are a bit too sweet.

Good old Tamago (Akashi) yaki. Much simpler than Takoyaki... you only get a piece of octopus in each ball. takoyaki is often asked on Okonomiyaki night recently...

It seems to be one of the latest trend. Serving Japanese sweets in mess... @Hands Cafe.  Monaka plates with two kinds of Warabi Mochi, Azuki icecream, whipped fresh cream with a half of frozen strawberry. topped with a Dorayaki pancake. Drizzle of black syrup finishes the deco. total "pick and mix" of favorite Japanese sweets...


... the list is still goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment