Monday 8 January 2024

Happy New Year, 2004!

 This year, 2024 is,

Year of the Dragon🐉

It's cool!

But here's the illustration for the shop's calendar.



Click on it to enlarge it.

We hope it makes you feel warm and smily.





First of all, I would like to wish those who have suffered disasters and accidents since New Year's Day in Japan a speedy recovery and a little bit of life back to normal. We extend our condolences to those who have lost loved ones.

Even from within Japan, the infrastructure has collapsed and aid is not reaching us, so I think we will have to wait a little longer for aid from overseas. The Noto Peninsula and the surrounding coastal areas of Japan were one of the places I wanted to travel to, partly because of the opening of the Shinkansen bullet train. I made up my mind that I would definitely go there when the areas recover, while making a small donation now.

Thinking about this makes me think more and more that I need to travel to Japan soon. My hometown, Kobe, has also recovered after the earthquake, but the old, coasy downtown of Kobe has gone. The earthquake reconstruction has improved the earthquake resistance and safety, but on the other hand, I feel that my favourite Japanese townscape of the Showa era is now only in my memory.

I suddenly realise that this year will be 30 years since I came to the UK. With the help of everyone around me, my children have grown up and my youngest is reaching the age of 18.

I hope to be able to pass on to the younger generation what I have been helped with. Life goes around. I never forget to be grateful and thankful.

I guess this is my resolution for this year.

So, I look forward to seeing you again this year.


Brighton WaCafe an-an, Noriko

New Year's Day 2024
on the 8th.(a week late💦)

No comments:

Post a Comment