Saturday 1 August 2015

July is gone... (Japanese basil)

How shocking! July is gone!

I cannot catch up with the speed of days go by...

Thanks for those who came to see me in the event Summer Festival at Maeda Gakuen on 18th July.
It was lovely sunny day.

However, winds kept blowing through the school ground.

So we used Gazibo's wind shield (curtains on 3 directions), it was really hot inside. Of course, we needed to cook sweets using steamer and Taiyaki machine! Although we were in the shade, we almost dried out...

When I went to see my dear friends, Namino Kai, ...
                             



They gave me so many baby Japanese Basil.
They are growing well in my garden as well as my cafe. But, their pots are getting a bit tight...
If you want to be a mum or dad of these plants, please come to my cafe to pick up.

It's really easy to look after them. Once you change their pot with more soil, you really need is water and sun light. Don't give any plant food. when you are rinsing a bottle of milk, for example, you can give the gray water to them. don't over water them. that's all.

Use in salad, fry with chicken and soy sauce. If course, you can make Japanese style pasta sauce. eaten with sashimi (raw fish) is really nice, too!

I have given away/ sold some, but I still have around 15 of them.
If you want to enjoy Japanese summer flavor, come and take one... or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment