Sunday 2 March 2014

Tomorrow is "Girls' Festival!(Hinamatsuri)"

It's already March!
In my garden, yellow daffodils are blooming proudly.

Spring has come!!!

I am so sorry not to write this blog for so long. After I got ill in Japan, my energy level has not come back to normal yet. Whenever I make sweets, I just flatten in my bed without uploading onto here.

I always take some photos to upload here!!!
I will show the photos soon.

****************

so, March means "Hinamatsuri" for Japanese.
It is a festival for girls to wish a good wedding and married life to come.

Girls doesn't mean young female... A big girls are "Girls", too!

Here is the this year's Ohinasama sweets.
These are made of Nerikiri.
White bean paste coloured and shaped.
The groom has smooth adzuki bean paste inside 
and the green colour come from Japanese Macha Green tea.

Yesterday, I took them to Japanese Schools and passing-by screamed,

「Kawaii----!」

That's made my day.

I will have a delivery tomorrow morning towards Brighton, so if you want to buy the set, please let me know before 8pm tonight.

I should have done this at least weeks ago, but I am not organized at all... and I wasn't confident I could make them...

I did this drawings 2 days ago... it triggered.


Here is a group photo.

It was a have happy ending for all...

*****************

There are so many spring sweets on my list.
The detail comes on the next blog.

I shall go and cook beans... bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment