Monday 15 July 2013

Here comes the Summer festival.

I only had a chance to take photo at the after mass. 
All most all the boxes are empty.
Big thanks!

Thanks for coming to Maeda Gakuen Summer Festival on the Saturday.

It was soooo HOT.

I cannot say anything other than that.
When I left home at 9 am, the sun was already strong and I felt my arm was burning so hot. On the arrival at 10:30 am, as soon as I stepped out the air-conditioned car, I was covered in sweat.

NO! this should not happen, as I am selling some cool summer sweets!!!

*****************

This year's theme was B-rank Gourmet. So I made the

"Cold adzuki drink with tapioca pearls and fresh cream in Southern Coast Style."

Sorry, I don't have any photo of that.
We just did not have any moment of take out our mobile and take photos.

Why Thai = Southern Coast Style?
You might think.  Well, as long as I know, there are so many Thai ladies, who got married with British males. In the ratio, Thai ladie's population would be very high. They are very nice and friendly. There are so many Thai restaurants in Worthing, too.

Sometimes I see some Thai ladies come out to the beach in early morning and they catch sea shells and small crabs. That scene was something not like very Briton.

Then, I came up with this idea.

A lot of tapioca pearls and ice goes into a cup full of azuki drink. There was choices of single cream or coconuts milk on top...well, as we forgot tin opener, we could not serve the coconuts version.

It's really tasty. You will be crazy. They were very popular.
....Well, Tapioca pearl drinks are popular, anyway.

The hardest time for this drink was when I was cooking Tapioca pearl. It took such a long time and a lot of water and skills... But I was sooo happy as people liked it!!!

I am thinking about making it again for the events in August and September.
You have to try next!

*****************

Finally, BIIIG Thanks to Noake, who helped me for whole day.
Thanks for bringing whole of my freezer basket.
The freezer basket was attached by a thermometer for fridge/freezer.
It was pointing over 30 degree all day long...although, inside of our gazebo. It did not matter if it was in or out of the shade.

As I was cooking in that Gazebo, I was nearly dead on the way home.

Thanks for coming to the event in that hot weather.
I will see you in the next event in august!






No comments:

Post a Comment