Monday 1 July 2013

So, this is the final performance?

Have you eaten Minaduki?

It's a sweet for hoping a good health eaten on the middle day of the year, which is 30th June. 
I think this time I managed to make this beautiful... in taste and looks! w


"OMG!"

While I was tweeting like this, one week has already gone.

What did I do?

I was baking for my daughter's birthday party, applying for events in September and October...and checking prices of suppliers online. That's all.

*****************

Oh, yes! One thing I was presently shocked happened during this week.  While I was giving up some time for my friend's hair dressing assignment, I received a phone call from my daughter's school. It was about her choir concert.

Her classmate's parents were getting married and they asked the school choir to sing during their ceremony. I have already signed "not attending" on the reply slip with the reason of Saturday Japanese School in Croydon.

But, the deputy head teacher asked me, "Sara is singing a solo part, so can she take a day off from the Japanese school?" What can I do apart from saying "OK, I will do something about that."

I was in this situation when I received the phone call.
A bit like a celeb, aren't I? Haha.


Well, it was her birthday, and she has been asking, "Why am I practicing so hard if I don't get a chance to be in a show???"
So, we decided that she was not going to Croydon on the day. However, it triggered another problem.
My son noticed my daughter would not going to Japanese school. Almost immediately, he started saying he was ill and crying because of a terrible headache. I knew there was nothing with him.

However, my husband said,

"On my daughter's birthday, I just don't want to have any miserable feeling. Let my son to have a day off from Japanese school."

I really lost a word.
In the end, HE did not want to do anything complicated. HE wanted to have an easy day.

And, HE NEVER knows how difficult to put the routine of Japanese school back to normal. If I was not busy for preparing for daughter's birthday party, I would take him to Croydon any way, even if he would take class or not.

As he was not ill at all. In fact, he was running around with laughter in Brighton a few hours later.

Anyway, my daughter seems to have sung very well, as people told me how lovely she was.

*********************

On Sunday, my daughter's party guests were there at a local leisure centre. There were some cancellation, so 18 children in total (not 20, as planned initially.)

It started at 2pm and trampolining for one hour. Tea started from 3 o'clock.

Yes, it was really a Tea Time!

What I did was I prepared the Traditional High Tea + alpha.

What is "alpha"? It's a bit of Japanese taste my daughter asked me.

First plates with finger sandwich (cucumber&cheese, ham and jam), vege sticks, crisps ...and Sushi.
Second plates with chocolate brawny, choux filled with custard cream, banana toffee cup cakes
Third plates with scones with fresh cream and strawberries

How is that?

*********************

After the party, I was totally burnt out and gone on the sofa in my front room.

When I woke up, it was just before the final act of this year's Glastonbury Music Festival.

The xx!!!!!!!

How cool is that??? I was so happy that I could managed to catch them, although I missed all other performance!!!

I should be able to watch some catch up on iPlayer.

*********************
Well, Aduki beans are ready in the pan. I shall go back to the kitchen.

Bye for now. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment