Tuesday 15 October 2013

Autumn Blue Sky!

Today is a clear day. I can see some clouds adds only a bit of patterns in the sky. 

However, my cold is not going....  :-(
I found something nice this year! 
It's an Autumn harvest.

Ta-Dah!
Chestnuts♪Chestnuts♪Chestnuuuuts♪

They are small, but plentiful on the ground on the way to my kid's school. The chestnuts tree does not belong to anybody's garden, so it should be ok to pick some.

Normally, there are only spiky shells full brown shells. But, this year is different! I can find at least one fully ripen nuts in each spiky shell. I guess it's because this summer was a really hot summer.

I am happy my daughter want to take some to show in her class.
Here, kids should learn about what we can get from nature.

While I was picking those chestnuts, some of mums from my kids' classmate questioned me.

""What are you doing?"

I explained I am going to make Sugar Glazed Chestnuts (marrons glacés). I was expecting a bit more excitement on their face, but they don't show any interest. Never mind!

I may need to cook carefully removing bitterness, as they are very small.
If I managed to make it, I will put the photo up here.
Let's get cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment