Sunday 9 June 2013

Guide to the ancient country of Persia ~Part 4~

This is one of the main event of our Tehran Stay! Ta-da--!

Visiting my Japanese friend who is married with lovely Iranian husband and have three children!


Her children are similar age to mine, apart from the oldest (teenager!). We met them just once three years ago, but they played so well...so we wanted to let them meet and play again. 
Well, in that way, we can talk a lot without any disturbance. 

We are asked to arrive around 1:30 for lunch. My in-laws arranged a taxi, but there was a problem to get there. 


As we had another invitation from another family members live in Tehran, my husband had to go to see them by himself. Therefore, I need to go to my friends house by myself with my two kids. 


Of course, I don't speak Farsi. Not at all...I can say it aloud. 


I CAN NOT SPEAK FARSIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!


Apparently, it normally takes one hour to 90 min to get to the aria my friend lives. (My in-law's flat is in North-East part of Tehran, and my friend lives in West part of Tehran.) As I mentioned in the last blog, Tehran's driving condition is not the best.

So, we booked taxi at noon and let children have their DS to spend the long journey.


My Father in law came to taxi when we get in, he was talking the driver for a while. He gave a piece of paper which has the address of my friend's and as he was paying money, he told the driver really seriously...


"You have to make sure they go into this house. Don't go away till you see the door closed."

Setting off...very quietly. So, I tried to enjoy the view from the taxi.

It was a lovely drive..., but it was too lovely. No traffic jam at all.
In 20 minute, we stopped and I think the driver told us something like...just stay in the taxi, and left somewhere.

What? What? What?  What's happening???The time we have to ring the door bell should be one hour later...  Awwww...

I would spend one hour or so some where such as a cafe if it was in Japan or the UK.
But the taxi driver had a duty to do and he could not waste his precious time here with us. Anyway, I didn't have any linguistic skill to improve this situation.
So, we excused ourselves for the unbelievably early arrival.

The driver said good by and left us with very, very satisfied smile. Yep, he was a good man.

My friend was too lovely. After brief greeting, she explained what happened to our journey.
Normally, it would take longer than one hour. But this was the period of the New Year. Most of people has left Tehran or stay inside of house and not to go anywhere... Of course not a lot of people go to work, either. So, Tehran highway are all deserted during this period.

Anyway, I handed in all the present from the UK. 
Japanese and Chinese foods, British and American snacks, toys for children, etc.etc.
They were all easily accessible in the UK, but not in Iran. 

Then, finally, I handed in a hard drive to my friend.


This visit had 3 aims of mine.

1) Let children play each other.

2) Get a copy of her massive stock of Japanese books and movies.
3) Eat her special dinner! (She used to work as a chef in the kitchen of a Japanese Company in the Tehran Branch.)

The first was achieved quite easily. As soon as our youngest get on very well ... and they almost crushed my friend's house down. It reminded me of them both have brothers who play with in a rough manner. So sorry, my friend!

The second one was progressed nicely on the PC all the time during the visit. (The hard drive I took was 500 Gb!)

The third one was going to be achieved after her husband come back from his work.

Talking, chatting, playing, munching snacks, telling off children and more chatting... Time just flew. 


At 7 pm, her husband came back and my husband was on the way to join us.


After a bit of silence, the first words my friends husband said was...
"I will refugee myself to downstairs (his mother's flat)."
His house was destroyed that much. Awww...So sorry, my friend's husband!!

My husband arrived safely and we started...


Teppan Yakiiiiii!

Soooo Good! We ate and chatted and ate...


It was unforgettable time for all of us. Our daughters missing each other already when they hugged and said good-bye.

We will come back...if it is OK.
Well, we have to.

It is because we forgot to take any photo of ourselves together. (as we were too busy talking and eating.)
Yes, no photo. Non. The big round 0. 

The first aim of visiting them next would be taking our photos together!!!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment