Thursday 13 June 2013

Oops! It should not have happened...

It's about this month's sweets, Kuzu Warabi Mochi.

I made a minor(?) mistake.
First, it did not settle. But I was hoping if the time would solve the problem...
Things got worse in the end and Mochi just stuck to everywhere...on the container and lid... such a mess.

Sorry.

I guessed I used too much water. I did retake today and it was ok. So ...

This week's Kuzu Warabi Mochi will be the best ever! 

Do I say too much? Never... it's because it's true!!! haha...

I am having a large sales in July. So I have to check all the stocks now.
So much to do in so little time.... as always... :(

*********************

This year's cherry blossom was a bit later than usual, but the growth of leaves are so quick! I always buy organic cherry leaves from Lewes's Japanese vegetable supplier, Namayasai PLL, and last week they contacted me that their leaves are good to be harvested.

This year I am pickling 300 + leaves for next year's Sakuramochi.

It was a large bag full of leaves. By the time the leaves were boiled and salted, they looked so little.
In three weeks time, those leaves are ready to be used.

I am aiming to make some Sakuramochi for the Maeda Gakuen Natsumatsuri (on 13th July) in Acton, as I did not take any Sakuramochi around the area in the season this April. I hope some of you will enjoy the most popular traditional Wagashi, although it would be a bit out of season.

Please don't miss it!

*********************

My husband came back from his first business trip on Friday.

Just before he arrived, my son's patience had run out and he started turning into a crying baby.

"I wish he was here..."

As he said that in tears while he was doing his school homework, I told him,

"When your dad comes home in a few hours time, you should have finished your homework. You dad would be very proud of you!"

No, it did not work. He just got upset and locked himself up in his bedroom. So I thought I should leave him for a while.

On the other hand, my daughter had finished all her homework and working very hard on welcoming her dad.


She was so excited that she could not keep her still for any moment. w

Anyway, I try to synchronise with her mood. When she is excited, I just get myself excited in her way. Then, she would be happy. Well, I might say we excited ourselves a bit too much at that time.

Finaly, when my husband opened the front door at 7:30 pm, my son was already sleeping in his bed, and my daugher and I were exhausted by exiting ourselves too much.

"is anybody here...?"

This was the first word of my poor husband after such a long tiring business trip.
Afterwords, I celebrated his return with my special *Katsu* dinner. It was such a treat.

However, he stayed only two night with us during the weekend and flew to Germany on another business trip.

We decided to leave my daughter's welcoming sign on the wall till the time he comes back home on Friday morning.

Now...I need a trip to go somewhere alone on business. Can I book a trip to Japan by myself during the summer holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment