Wednesday 25 September 2013

Biiig Thank You! - and recovery...

Thanks for those who came to Brighton Food Festival and Brighton Japan Festival.

Specially, Brighton Japan Festival was not lucky on weather on both weekend....well, the first week, Brighton Food Festival was hit by crazy thunder, lightning and big rain fall, and gusty wind blew through the festival ground on the first week of Brighton Japan Festival.

Anyway, the planning of this September was little bit over the top of my capability. I was really dead during the last weekend.

Even I could not open PC for checking how I did.

*******************

Now my house has been a bit tidier...well, there might be people don't know I make my sweets in my tiny, tiny kitchen at home. So during busy period with festivals, my house apart from the kitchen were left unattended. Even worse, my two monster kids do whatever they want...




This is the usual scene after a big events. As I only use Strawberries larger than 12g, there are so much left over strawberries. Never throw away some thing edible. I make Strawberry jam from the left over strawberries, and pancakes from the batter left over from Kintsuba.

There are some candidates who can consume all those left overs.


Now so many containers are put on top another to soak beans for the next event and making a bean tower.

*******************

I would like to show some photos I took during the events.

19th September, sky was covered by thick clouds during day time. Just a few hours before the date changes, the sky cleared out! The fifteenth night's moon was really bright and beautiful. Sorry, my poor mobile did the best to picture this beauty of nature, though...
Instead of Tsukimi Dango, I placed Usagi Manju just like Festival Tsukimi Dango. w
It looks like Gymnastic Usagi Manju...?

An unusual visitor...(My house is at the first floor)My neighbor, Chester. His eyes follow side to side my hands making anko balls. 

Ms Erika Footman came to have a wonderful gig in the Festival Premise. She used to stand on a big stage as IMMA of Mika's back vocalist. Her husband is the drummer of Skunk Anansie. They are too good to be here giving us a free gig!!! What a treat!
There were some friends of mine came to see the free gig asked me, "Why such a good artists are acting here?" It's because she is half Japanese!

Here is her home page.(http://www.officiallyerika.com/
Sorry about the quality of the photo... :_(

My daughter after the gig. She seems to be influenced a lot. 
Although it was after her bedtime, she was so awake.
"I am going to be like Erika!"

By the way, the shiny lights far end is Brighton Pier.


***********************

So, next event coming is on 5th October.

London
     Trafalgar Square!

It's Japan Matsuri. I will work heard from now to make as many and tasty sweets as possible to introduce how wonderful Japanese traditional sweets are!


No comments:

Post a Comment