Monday 16 September 2013

September sweets and schedules

Before translating my Japanese blog, I have a big apology.

I am so sorry to issue this translated version so late.
It's not only a day or two... it's a half month late!!!

Awww. I will write English first next time.

******************

Ta-Dah!

Here comes "Scary September".

This is the most difficult time for an-an. Large events almost every weekends are coming and...the weather is not predictable, at all! so I cannot plan which sweets I prepare for those event in advanced.

I often gaze at weather report and wasting time wondering what to do.

******************

Here comes September Sweets!

I chigo Daifuku (This month is the last chance!)
Three types of Ohagi (Smooth, Chunky or Roasted soy flour)

All types of Daifuku.

For events, I bake Dorayaki, too.

You will see some special sweets for autumn on the stall table.
Tsukimi Dango and Rabbit Manju- are for Ju-goya (十五夜), The Moon Festival on 19th September. The full moon on the night will be the best in the year. Please look up sky on the night if it is clear. You will see a rabbit on it.

Later in September, I will prepare some Autumn harvest sweets with chestnuts and pumpkin.
It's so fun to make autumn sweets!
Aww, well, don't mention I put on weight again as I need to taste all the sweets I make. haha.

******************

Here is the Event calender (sorry, some of them are already gone..)

7th and 8th September(through the Weekend)
Brighton Food Festival -Big Sussex Market
This event is finished. Thanks for coming.


14th and 15th September(through the Weekend)
Brighton Japan Festival (Anime)
This event is finished. Thanks for coming.

This is a part of celebration of 400th anniversary of friendship between UK and Japan. This event last for 10 days from 13th September. The main venue is in Old Stein Green. Every night there will be some kind of exhibition related to Japanese culture. Most of the events are free, some of them are charged. Please go to the homepage for detail and ticket.(http://www.brightonjapan.com/brighton_japan_festival.html)

I had rally fun time during my trade...well, the weather was very unstable as I expected, though.
I will write some reports on this blog later on. Please watch this space!

To celebrate Ju-goya, the moon festival, an-an prepared Tsukimi Dango (moon rice dumpling) and Rabbit manju (steamed cake). If I could share some of Japanese festival atmosphere.


21st and 22nd September(through the weekend)
Brighton Japan Festival (Traditional Japan)
This weekend is the final of this special japan Festival.
There will be so many exhibition about traditional Japanese arts. Japanese drums and Okinawa Dance...
Children from Japanese Club will have a processions through Brighton main streets in the afternoon. They will carry handmade Omikoshi (portable Shrine) along with Japanese Drums.

This weekend Japanese club also have a marquee full of Japanese hand crafts. If you like to try putting on Kimono, if you want to try calligraphy, or if you want to make a masterpiece with Origami, please pop in!
I have to mention, we run the Japanese school from Japanese club non-profitably. We will ask for a small donation.

If you look up the moon on 19th September, you have to look at the moon on 17th October. It's Japanese' superstition. Your life will be fulfilled by looking at both moon. The moon on 17th October is the harvest moon. So we will prepare a lot of sweets from the autumn harvests, such as beans, chestnuts and pumpkins.
More detail about the event and programs, please go there.->http://www.brightonjapan.com/brighton_japan_festival.html


28th September (Saturday)
Brighton Farm Market
Sorry, we will have a break on this day.
I will have some delivery to Croydon Japanese school and Brighton Japanese Club school premises.
This would be the last chance to eat Ichigo Daifuku this year!


******************

In the future...。

London Japan Matsuri
Currently, I have an offer to pitch a stall at Trafalger Square on Saturday 5th October. 

Brighton Farmers Market
Saturday, 19th October 

Croydon Japanese School Huruhon-ichi
Saturday, 26th October 

Detail will come later on this blog.


I really hope the weather will be OK on all those dates...

No comments:

Post a Comment