Tuesday 21 May 2013

Guide to the ancient country of Persia. Part 1

As I am taking so much time to re-design an-an homepage at the moment, I would like to introduce some of my past diary which were written for a Japanese Social Network site. 

You need to register with the Japanese Social Network, but they started to require mobile billing mail address in Japan to register with them. Of course, an-an has a lot of customer who cannot register because of this.


"Why can't we read it???"

There were some strong voices asking for access to the diary.
Frankly speaking, that's the main reason of me starting this blog.

So, I also extended my ambition to do blog in dual-languages.
Well, it makes me very worried to think about the amount of translation.

Are you ready? 

Here comes the diary written just after I came back from Iranian Trip in Easter 2013.

************************


It must be jet-lag. My head is very foggy, so I need to apologise for my poor expressions.
However, this time, I am eager to publish this entry as a travel essay, so I need to write this seriously. (  ← such blah XD)


First of all, before going to Iran, you need to go to another country to get visa. It's because neither U.S.A. nor the U.K. has an Iranian consulate.
 
Those living in the U.K. may remember, the British consulate of Tehran was attacked last year by the youths who got angry at the economic sanctions from the west countries. At that time, the Iranian consulate of London was withdrawn, too, and the diplomatic relations between Iran were suspended. 


We were thinking so easily as we had Iranian passports, however, we soon realized we needed to renew our passports! As the result, my unlucky husband alone flew to Hamburg where the Iranian consulate can deal with the renewal of passport in a day. 


Although we spent some unexpected money, everything was fine.


Flight tickets of Turkish Air was the cheapest at that time. we were too poor to stopover at Istanbul, although it attracted me so much. We had a taste of Turkey in the two hours transition time at the airport.

Pistachio Ice cream!!!!!  

And this is a man at the ice cream counter; he really entertained us ...

《He is a cruft man. Controlling a long handled ice cream scoop, he never let us grab the ice cream he is supposed to sell us. VERY irritating. Finally my daughter crushed off the cone by grabbing it so hard. ww

I think I wrote about the journey a bit  too easy.

Well, it's very wrong. The timing was completely wrong, especially for the traveler with young children.

At 4pm GMT the first flight from Gatwick left. At 9pm GMT arriving at Istanbul. 
Leaving Istanbul at 11pm GMT, we arrived at Tehran at 3am next morning!!!
I did not know how heavy my daughter (6 years old and specially pettit in her class) was! She was on my back all the time from the airplane to brother-in-law's car.  I was literally DEAD when I arrived at the flat of parents-in-law.
 
So we landed on the ancient land of Persia to make up the promises we made three years ago. 
One is to visit Iranian traditional sweet city of Yazd.

The other is to have Yakiniku Party at my friend who live in Tehran.

My journey will continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment