Monday 13 May 2013

Saturday burnt out.

One day delayed up load...
Yesterday I was totally burnt out. I needed a serious rest with internet surfing for all day today.

Saturday is normally the busiest day of the week. Yesterday was especially busy...from morning to night.
It was fun, though.

7am, I left house with car full of my sweets for Croydon Japanese school. It was my turn to do a librarian for a day, so I had to turn up at 9 sharply. Getting gears and turn into "the librarian"....

Transfoooooorm!!!!
   (Well, I just put on apron.)

This Japanese book library is very well organised and very popular among students.  There is also a big collection of books for parents, which was donated by people who had gone back to Japan. So, parents are looking forward to use the library more than their children, maybe.

For children, there are so many Manga books, such as Chibimaruko, Doraemon, Astro-boy, and so on. Of course, large number of children's picture books and encyclopedias are for rent, too...

In April, new students who are 6 years old entered the school and they are guided to read Japanese books from the library. They were so excited to see so many of Japanese books... well, including Manga. They borrow books and books... 

Therefore, the librarians has to work really hard to deal with the amount of books and children. Yes, we sometimes had to tell how to write their names on cards. (The system is very old and everything needs to be done manually.)  We were swimming in the sea of books and children all the morning.

After the children finished the morning session, I delivered the orders to an-an customers and drove down to Brighton. well, my husband drove, and I slept all the way. Ha ha.

Now, this Brighton and Hove Japanese Club also teach Japanese, but more in a relaxed manner. However, yesterday's cultural class was "long rope skipping". We have songs to go with skipping. We underestimated how tiring it was to sing and skip!!!!

From 3pm, the class I help as TA, they had a card activity on the floor and really hard to make children sit down quietly. On the other hand, children enjoyed the class so much.

When I got home, I was almost going down in my bed...No! It was not that easy.

Japanese mums' friends asked me to go to Chinese restaurant for no occasion. They came to pick me up at 7pm. (I will write about this in the next blog.)

When I got back home again, it was almost 12 midnight. Updating this blog, I completely burnt out and fell asleep as I opened i-Pad on my lap.

Well, I haven't got any photo from the Japanese schools, so I put the photo of my Kashiwamochi with my biting mark <3


No comments:

Post a Comment