Tuesday 21 May 2013

walking alone in Brighton

On last Wednesday, having a delivery in Brighton, I walk around Brighton City centre alone.

It was in the middle of Brighton Festival and Brighton Fringe. I was curious to come across with something interesting. I visited Churchill Square Shopping Mall and South Lanes.

Well, just as usual... 

As I worked so hard to make the number of Strawberry Mochi on time, I just did not want to do anything. Too lazy to visit artist's open houses or art galleries.

I don't want to do shopping. (I don't have money, anyway.)

I don't want to meet up anybody. (I don't have patience, at the moment.)

I don't have time. ( I needed to pick up my daughter earlier than usual because of after school was cancelled.)


So, just walk around as I felt.


First, I popped in to the Farmers  Market at Churchill Square Piazza. There was about 12 stalls... Smaller than I expected.

Then I thought. Is anyone will stop and buy an-an's sweets when they are shopping for cool clothes?
The answer might be there in Cup cake stall. Not a lot of people would take away any cakes or sweets first in the morning. They will sit in a cafe and have coffee and a slice of cake...maybe. 

So, there are cafes every 10 steps in Brighton.



Then, I visited the Suchi restaurant, opened last year, in South Lanes. It was the restaurant which asked me if they could put my sweets in the menu...
I was a bit hungry, so I went there for my lunch.

Lovely looking shop. Small counter and small kitchen. But it had everything it needs. Sushi and Donburi and chicken on skewers... Most of Donburi menu are under £5.00. reasonable! I see, they have Drayaki from Wagashi Japanese Bakery for their sweets. 

As I normally choose something not ordinary food
, I chose Spicy Tuna Don this time. It was £6.60 with a can of Japanese Green Tea (cold). Yes, this is just a research for an-an.

I took photo of the Clock Tower in T-shirts on the way to the station. Ok, this is the only thing I thought about Brighton Festival...well, Fringe? which?



In the train to home...

Ittadaki ma-----su!

munch munch... It's quite spicy...

munch munch... It's could be Very spicy...

munch munch...

It's tasty. The combination of marinated Tuna and spicy Korean paste (Kochi jan) gives lovely flavor and kick. 

But... the problem is the ratio of Tuna and rice...

In this extra large deep cup, there is deeeeeeep rice under the layer of Tuna.

Here is a suggestion. Because the Tuna was quite spicy, it would be nice if there is a thin layer of shredded sweet egg omelet or Sakura-Dembu. They will add some colour and flavor.

Well, never mind...

Sorry...

No comments:

Post a Comment